Key features of the app include:
- Designed for patients, carers and healthcare professionals
- Create a 'watch list' of medicines or vaccines to track and receive official news and alerts on
- View numbers of Yellow Cards received by MHRA for medicines of interest
- View and update previous Yellow Cards submitted through the app
- Immediate response to show Yellow Card has been accepted
Yellow Card site
Mick Foy, Group Manager for MHRA's Vigilance and Risk Management of medicines division said, "The contribution of patients, carers and healthcare professionals alike in reporting suspected side effects to the Yellow Card Scheme is vital. The evidence helps MHRA detect safety issues and take the necessary action to keep the public safe."
A printed yellow card can be found at the back of the MIMS book.