- From 1st September, Zostavax should be offered to individuals aged 70 years for the routine shingles immunisation programme and those aged 78 or 79 years for the catch-up programme.
- The antiemetic domperidone (Motilium) will now be available only as a POM.
- Malaria prevention advice for India and Sri Lanka has changed; prophylaxis is now recommended only for travel to the states of Assam and Orissa and certain districts of Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India and is no longer recommended for any area of Sri Lanka.
- Clinigen has launched a new glycopeptide antibacterial, telavancin (Vibativ), for treating nosocomial pneumonia known or suspected to be caused by MRSA.
- Stivarga (regorafenib) is now licensed for the treatment of unresectable or metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumour that has progressed on imatinib and sunitinib, or where these agents are not tolerated.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Potential sensitising agents in eye drops and ointments.
Available formulations of anti-anginal drugs.
Delaying or withholding antibiotics for symptoms of...
Compatible test strips for blood glucose meters.