- Aspire has launched Lecicarbon A suppositories (sodium hydrogen carbonate/sodium dihydrogen phosphate) for the treatment of constipation and for bowel clearance prior to surgical or diagnostic procedures.
- An immediate-release capsule containing oxycodone (Lynlor) that is licensed for use in children aged 12-18 years has been launched.
- The pneumococcal vaccine Prevenar 13 can now be given to adults from the age of 18 years for immunisation against invasive disease caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- The combination glaucoma treatment Ganfort (brinzolamide/timolol) is now available in a preservative-free single-use eye drop formulation.
- A 60mg sustained-release gliclazide tablet (Laaglyda MR) has been launched for the treatment of type II diabetes.
- Lucentis (ranibizumab) has been approved to treat visual impairment caused by choroidal neovascularisation secondary to pathological myopia.
- The protein kinase inhibitor Glivec (imatinib) can now be used for children over 1 year of age with acute lymphocytic leukaemia (ALL).
- The MHRA has warned of an increased risk of cystoid macular oedema in patients treated with docetaxel. Patients who develop impaired vision should have their eyes examined and discontinue treatment with the cytotoxic if the condition in confirmed.
- In a change to the marketing authorisation, treatment with Tysabri (natalizumab) is now additionally indicated in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis with high disease activity despite treatment with glatiramer.
- Veletri (epoprostenol) is a new formulation of the prostaglandin analogue that is stable at room temperature for at least 24 hours at all concentrations.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
NICE has published antimicrobial prescribing guidelines...
Prescribers can now consult the quick-reference MIMS...
Respimat is now available as a reusable inhaler that...
Dapagliflozin (Forxiga) has been approved for routine...