- Stirling Anglian has launched theiCal-d3, a high-dose, once-daily chewable tablet containing 2.5g calcium carbonate and 880iu vitamin D3.
- A follitropin alfa biosimilar, Bemfola, is now available for the treatment of fertility disorders in men and women.
- The triple antiretroviral combination tablet Triumeq (dolutegravir/abacavir/lamivudine) has been launched for the treatment of HIV in adults and children from 12 years.
- A combination pack containing one mifepristone tablet and four misoprostol vaginal tablets (Medabon) is now available for the termination of pregnancy in women with ≤63 days' amenorrhoea.
- Daraprim (pyrimethamine) is no longer licensed for malaria prophylaxis. It remains available for the treatment of toxoplasmosis in combination with a sulfonamide.
- Ozurdex (dexamethasone intravitreal implant) has received an additional indication for the treatment of diabetic macular oedema in pseudophakic patients or if non-corticosteroid therapy is inadequate or unsuitable.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Use our timeline to follow the latest coronavirus developments...
Lyumjev is a new 'ultra rapidly acting' formulation...
Use our constantly updated shortages tracker to check...
Prescribing of suboptimal statin regimens is 'extremely...