- Glycopyrronium bromide 1mg and 2mg tablets are now available as an add-on treatment for peptic ulcers.
- GranuPAS (para-aminosalicylic acid) has been launched for use in combination with other drugs to treat multidrug-resistant TB where other agents cannot be used owing to resistance or intolerance.
- A new controlled-release misoprostol vaginal delivery system (Mysodelle) has been launched for the induction of labour from 36 weeks' gestation in women with an unfavourable cervix.
- Dexamethasone 4mg/ml injection has been replaced by dexamethasone 3.8mg/ml solution for injection; as a result, the dilutions, storage conditions, presentation and packaging have changed.
- Novartis has announced the discontinuation of Tegretol Chewtabs (carbamazepine). Selection of an alternative medication should be a clinical decision based on the individual patient's history.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Use our timeline to follow the latest coronavirus developments...
Daily application of emollients in infancy is not effective...
Researchers have called for caution when prescribing...
Added: Ativan and penicillamine.
Use our constantly...