- A generic equivalent of Malarone (atovaquone/proguanil) has been launched for the prophylaxis and treatment of acute uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria.
- The antidiabetic combination tablet Komboglyze (metformin/saxagliptin) is now indicated for use in combination with a sulfonylurea when a sulfonylurea plus metformin is inadequate.
- A licensed oral suspension of clobazam, Tapclob, has been launched for use as an adjunct in epilepsy.
- Isentress (raltegravir) is now available as chewable tablets to treat HIV-1 infection in children from the age of 2 years.
- The cannabis-based MS spasticity treatment Sativex has been reclassified as a Schedule 4 CD, meaning that it can now be prescribed as a POM without any restrictions.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
NHS prescribers have a new routine option for preventing...
Available presentations of bronchodilators and anti-inflammatories.
GPs have reported shortages of ranitidine following...
Added: Alzhok and ranitidine oral soln.