- The licence for Botox has been extended to include the treatment of ankle disability due to lower limb spasticity associated with stroke in adults and for the treatment of moderate to severe crow's feet lines seen at maximum smile in adults, when these have an important psychological impact.
- The TNF inhibitor Cimzia (certolizumab pegol) can now be used to treat active psoriatic arthritis, in combination with methotrexate, when the response to DMARDs has been inadequate.
- Intermittent supply problems with Enbrel (etanercept) pre-filled syringes and pens are anticipated until mid-April.
- Olena is a new dispersible tablet formulation of the SSRI fluoxetine.
- Patients being treated with Esmya (ulipristal acetate) for uterine fibroids can now receive a second three-month course if required.
- The pre-filled syringe Metoject (methotrexate) can now be prescribed for patents with mild to moderate Crohn's disease, alone or in combination with corticosteroids, when treatment with thiopurines is inadequate.
- The intravenous antibiotic Doribax (doripenem), used to treat nosocomial pneumonia and complicated abdominal and urinary tract infections, has been withdrawn for commercial reasons.
- NaTHNaC advises that a booster dose of polio-containing vaccine is no longer needed for travel to Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ghana, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo or Uzbekistan.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
GPs can now prescribe antiviral medicines for flu prophylaxis...
Potential sensitising agents in emollient preparations.
Voke, a new nicotine inhaler, is available to prescribe...
Types and suitabilities of smoking cessation treatments.