- The antifungal Noxafil (posaconazole) is now available as a 100mg gastroresistant tablet. Owing to differences in dosing, the tablets and the existing 40mg/ml oral suspension cannot be used interchangeably.
- Updated prescribing information for Betmiga (mirabegron) states that it should be prescribed with caution in patients with clinically significant bladder outlet obstruction and those taking antimuscarinic medications for overactive bladder.
- The licensed indications for Nexavar (sorafenib) have been extended to include the treatment of progressive, locally advanced or metastatic, differentiated thyroid carcinoma refractory to radioactive iodine.
- Budenofalk (budesonide) granules can now be prescribed for the induction of remission in patients with mild to moderate active Crohn’s disease affecting the ileum and/or the ascending colon, providing an alternative formulation to Budenofalk capsules in this indication.
- Meda has launched Treclin, a topical combination gel containing clindamycin 1% and tretinoin 0.025% for the treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris when comedones, papules and pustules are present.
- Voncento (human coagulation factor VIII/human von Willebrand factor) has been launched for the prophylaxis and treatment of haemorrhage in patients with haemophilia A and in those with von Willebrand disease when desmopressin treatment alone is ineffective or contraindicated.
- Sirturo (bedaquiline) is a new antimycobacterial approved for use in combination with at least three other drugs for pulmonary multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Defitelio (defibrotide) is the first licensed product for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Potential sensitising agents in eye drops and ointments.
Join us for the MIMS Workshops Respiratory and Allergy...
Hormone doses and costs of HRT preparations.
Widespread false diagnosis of COPD is exposing patients to unnecessary medication risks, study suggests
Patients are being unnecessarily exposed to the adverse...