- The anti-obesity agent orlistat (Xenical) is now available as generic capsules.
- A new presentation of the hepatitis A vaccine Vaqta has been launched for adults.
- Manufacturers of the FreeStyle InsulinX and OneTouch Verio (‘Pro’ and ‘IQ’) blood glucose meters have warned that the meters can give incorrect readings at very high glucose levels (≥56.8mmol/l) and may need to be returned for replacement.
- Clomethiazole oral solution (formerly Heminevrin Syrup) has been relaunched; it is licensed for use as a anxiolytic and hypnotic,
- NICE has updated its guidance on Xolair (omalizumab) in severe persistent allergic asthma, including approval from 6 years of age.
- Owing to manufacturing difficulties, the growth deficiency treatment Increlex (mecasermin) will be out of stock from August 2013; prescribers are advised to restrict use to existing patients.
- The meningitis ACW134Y vaccine Menveo, in a new presentation containing the solvent in a vial rather than a pre-filled syringe, is now licensed for use ifrom 2 years of age.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Dosing of diabetes drugs in patients with renal impairment.
Formulations, doses and costs of osteoporosis supplements.
Join us in Cardiff on 7th June and Leicester on 19th...
Instructions for changing or stopping antidepressants.