- The anti-obesity agent orlistat (Xenical) is now available as generic capsules.
- A new presentation of the hepatitis A vaccine Vaqta has been launched for adults.
- Manufacturers of the FreeStyle InsulinX and OneTouch Verio (‘Pro’ and ‘IQ’) blood glucose meters have warned that the meters can give incorrect readings at very high glucose levels (≥56.8mmol/l) and may need to be returned for replacement.
- Clomethiazole oral solution (formerly Heminevrin Syrup) has been relaunched; it is licensed for use as a anxiolytic and hypnotic,
- NICE has updated its guidance on Xolair (omalizumab) in severe persistent allergic asthma, including approval from 6 years of age.
- Owing to manufacturing difficulties, the growth deficiency treatment Increlex (mecasermin) will be out of stock from August 2013; prescribers are advised to restrict use to existing patients.
- The meningitis ACW134Y vaccine Menveo, in a new presentation containing the solvent in a vial rather than a pre-filled syringe, is now licensed for use ifrom 2 years of age.
Click to search or browse MIMS
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Access the full drug database and quick-reference tables on the go