- Exelon (rivastigmine) 13.3mg/24 hrs patch has been launched for patients with Alzheimer’s dementia who have tolerated the 9.5mg/24 hrs patch for a minimum of six months but have exhibited meaningful cognitive and/or functional decline.
- Ilaris (canakinumab) is now licensed for the symptomatic treatment of frequent gouty arthritis attacks when NSAIDs and colchicine are contraindicated, not tolerated or inadequate and when repeated courses of corticosteroids are inappropriate.
- The antiretroviral Intelence (etravirine) can now be prescribed for treatment-experienced children aged six years and over. A 25mg tablet has been launched to aid dosing in this population.
- Pegasys (peginterferon alfa-2a) is now available as a 90 microgram prefilled syringe to support its new indication in children with hepatitis C aged five years and over.
- Drug-induced hepatic impairment has been observed in clinical trials with long-term use of Samsca (tolvaptan) at higher doses than for the approved indication. Patients who report symptoms of liver injury should undergo prompt liver function testing, with discontinuation of tolvaptan until it is excluded as the cause.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
MIMS Learning is offering a new interactive module,...
Check on the latest drug supply issues with MIMS' shortages...
Dosing of diabetes drugs in patients with renal impairment.
Formulations, doses and costs of osteoporosis supplements.