- Actavis has launched Sastravi (levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone) for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and end-of-dose motor fluctuations not stabilised with levodopa/dopa decarboxylase inhibitor.
- Noxafil (posaconazole) is now available as a 300mg concentrate for solution for infusion. The antifungal from MSD is also available as tablets and an oral suspension.
- Sanofi has discontinued Piportil Depot (pipotiazine palmitate) owing to a global shortage of the active ingredient. Supplies of the injection are expected to be exhausted by the end of March 2015.
- Epimax is a new formulation of aqueous cream that does not contain the potential sensitiser sodium lauryl sulfate.
- The Calcichew range now includes Calcichew-D3 1g/800iu Once Daily, a high-dose calcium/vitamin D chewable tablet containing 2.5g calcium carbonate (equivalent to 1g calcium) and 800iu vitamin D3 (colecalciferol).
- The new haemophilia A treatment Nuwiq (simoctocog alfa) is a recombinant human coagulation factor VIII produced in a human cell-line.
Click to search or browse MIMS
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.