- Actavis has launched Sastravi (levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone) for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and end-of-dose motor fluctuations not stabilised with levodopa/dopa decarboxylase inhibitor.
- Noxafil (posaconazole) is now available as a 300mg concentrate for solution for infusion. The antifungal from MSD is also available as tablets and an oral suspension.
- Sanofi has discontinued Piportil Depot (pipotiazine palmitate) owing to a global shortage of the active ingredient. Supplies of the injection are expected to be exhausted by the end of March 2015.
- Epimax is a new formulation of aqueous cream that does not contain the potential sensitiser sodium lauryl sulfate.
- The Calcichew range now includes Calcichew-D3 1g/800iu Once Daily, a high-dose calcium/vitamin D chewable tablet containing 2.5g calcium carbonate (equivalent to 1g calcium) and 800iu vitamin D3 (colecalciferol).
- The new haemophilia A treatment Nuwiq (simoctocog alfa) is a recombinant human coagulation factor VIII produced in a human cell-line.
Click to search or browse MIMS
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Access the full drug database and quick-reference tables on the go