- A new orodispersible film formulation of nicotine (Niquitin Strips) has been launched by GSK as an aid to smoking cessation or reduction.
- The influenza vaccines Agrippal and Optaflu (both Novartis) are now available for the 2013/2014 flu season.
- Zonegran (zonisamide) is now licensed for use as adjunctive therapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalisation in children aged six years and older.
- The TNF-alpha inhibitor Simponi (golimumab) can now be used to treat moderate to severe ulcerative colitis when conventional treatments, including corticosteroids, 6-mercaptopurine and azathioprine, are unsuitable.
- The MHRA has restricted the use of short-acting β2-agonists in obstetric indications to parenteral preparations, with a maximum treatment period of 48 hours and a requirement for specialist supervision. This is due to the risk of serious cardiovascular events in the mother and the foetus/newborn.
- Revolade (eltrombopag) can now be prescribed for patients with chronic hepatitis C where thrombocytopenia prevents or limits optimal interferon-based therapy.
- Zedbac is the first parenteral formulation of the antibacterial azithromycin to be launched in the UK and is licensed for use in community-acquired pneumonia and pelvic inflammatory disease when initial intravenous treatment is required.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
EXCLUSIVE TO SUBSCRIBERS See the latest products added...
EXCLUSIVE TO SUBSCRIBERS See the latest products removed...
Bijuve is a combination of estradiol and progesterone,...
EXCLUSIVE TO SUBSCRIBERS Monitor forthcoming UK drug...