- Aripiprazole tablets are now available as a generic for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
- Actavis has launched Sastravi (levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone) for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and end-of-dose motor fluctuations not stabilised with levodopa/dopa decarboxylase inhibitor.
- Sanofi has discontinued Piportil Depot (pipotiazine palmitate) owing to a global shortage of the active ingredient. Supplies of the injection are expected to be exhausted by the end of March 2015.
- Novartis has announced the discontinuation of Tegretol Chewtabs (carbamazepine). Selection of an alternative medication should be a clinical decision based on the individual patient's history.
- The antiemetic domperidone (Motilium) will now be available only as a POM.
- Scopoderm (hyoscine hydrobromide) patches can now be bought without a prescription from pharmacies for the treatment of travel sickness. Each 1.5mg patch can be used for up to 72 hours.
- The NMDA antagonist memantine is now available as a generic tablet for the treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's dementia.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Shingrix, which is now available privately in the UK,...
EXCLUSIVE TO SUBSCRIBERS Monitor forthcoming UK drug...
EXCLUSIVE TO SUBSCRIBERS See the latest products added...
Use our constantly updated shortages tracker to check...