- Aripiprazole tablets are now available as a generic for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
- Actavis has launched Sastravi (levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone) for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and end-of-dose motor fluctuations not stabilised with levodopa/dopa decarboxylase inhibitor.
- Sanofi has discontinued Piportil Depot (pipotiazine palmitate) owing to a global shortage of the active ingredient. Supplies of the injection are expected to be exhausted by the end of March 2015.
- Novartis has announced the discontinuation of Tegretol Chewtabs (carbamazepine). Selection of an alternative medication should be a clinical decision based on the individual patient's history.
- The antiemetic domperidone (Motilium) will now be available only as a POM.
- Scopoderm (hyoscine hydrobromide) patches can now be bought without a prescription from pharmacies for the treatment of travel sickness. Each 1.5mg patch can be used for up to 72 hours.
- The NMDA antagonist memantine is now available as a generic tablet for the treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer's dementia.
Click to search or browse MIMS
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.