- A chewable tablet formulation of sildenafil (Nipatra) is now available for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Ditropan Elixir (oxybutynin) has been relaunched by Sanofi for the treatment of urinary frequency, urgency and urge incontinence and neurogenic bladder disorders. and for the treatment of nocturnal enuresis in children when other treatment has failed.
- The licence for Strattera (atomoxetine) has been extended to include initiation of treatment in adults with ADHD when the presence of symptoms in childhood can be confirmed.
- RoActemra (tocilizumab) can now be used in the management of juvenile idiopathic polyarthritis in children who have responded inadequately to previous therapy with methotrexate.
- Amdipharm Mercury has launched Ampres (chloroprocaine), a spinal anaesthetic for use where the planned procedure should not exceed 40 minutes.
- Patients with transfusion-dependent anaemia due to myelodysplastic syndromes associated with an isolated 5q deletion can now benefit from treatment with Revlimid (lenalidomide) when other treatments are unsuitable.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Use our constantly updated shortages tracker to check...
Use our timeline to follow the latest coronavirus developments...
The MHRA has approved the COVID-19 vaccine developed...
Prescribers can quickly compare key features and benefits...