The MIMS website (mims.co.uk) has been relaunched to introduce a responsive design for mobile and tablet users, clearer navigation, and hourly updating of the drug data - making MIMS the most up-to-date prescribing reference in the UK.
The responsive design means that the site detects the size of your device and adapts to one of three views, thus ensuring a good experience whether you are on a desktop, tablet or mobile.
Content is divided into four simple sections to help you quickly find the MIMS resources you need:
- Drugs - the powerful MIMS predictive drug search, covering over 3000 products - search by brand or generic name or pharmacological class, or browse by section or manufacturer
- Conditions - browse prescribing news and resources by disease area
- Travel - find details of NaTHNaC-recommended travel vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis by country
- Articles - search over 3000 articles from MIMS and MIMS Dermatology, including news stories, feature articles, opinion pieces and prescribing resources
Up to date
As well as updating the drug data every hour, we're increasing the frequency of our news feed to help you keep up-to-date on the latest drug developments and prescribing updates. You can also find a new list on the home page to alert you to products coming soon to MIMS, and quick links on the news and home pages to our lists of new and deleted products.
The relaunch sees the introduction of a brand new section, MIMS Clinics. These pages bring together news and prescribing tools for key therapy areas in primary care, to help GPs and nurses during clinics and consultations. Content is collated by the MIMS editors from mims.co.uk, our sister sites GPonline and myCME, and other key sites we've identified for primary care professionals.
Trusted MIMS content
You can still click straight through to the popular MIMS drug reference tables, guideline summaries and patient fact sheets via their own dedicated pages. And you can still find the other MIMS sections you expect:
- Calculators - links to handy calculators and converters for primary care
- Manufacturers - contact details and drug listings for drug manufacturers
- MIMS Events - links to MIMS Clinical Update and other conferences
- MIMS Dermatology - all the articles from our twice-yearly specialist journal
Tell us what you think
We would love to hear your views on the new MIMS site. Please send us an email with your feedback. Look out too for the redesigned MIMS Prescribing Update and MIMS Spotlight bulletins, or sign up here.