The new quick-reference table summarises the recommended frequency of testing for creatine kinase, liver and renal function and other parameters in patients taking the following classes of lipid-lowering drugs:
- Bile acid sequestrants (colesevelam, colestipol, colestyramine)
- Cholesterol absorption inhibitors (ezetimibe, ezetimibe/simvastatin)
- Fibrates (bezafibrate, ciprofibrate, fenofibrate, gemfibrozil)
- Fibrates/statins (fenofibrate/simvastatin)
- Acipimox (Olbetam)
- Omega-3 (Omacor, Teromeg)
- PCSK9 inhibitors (alirocumab, evolocumab)
- Statins (atorvastatin, fluvastatin, pravastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin)
Drug names link through to the full MIMS entries for more detailed prescribing information on each product.
Information is summarised from manufacturers' Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs), available at medicines.org.uk.
The new table is also available in the MIMS app, for easy access when at home or on the go.