The new quick-reference table provides recommendations on dose adjustments of the following antidiabetic agents based on CrCl or eGFR values:
- Biguanides (metformin - for which the contraindication on prescribing in renal impairment was recently lifted)
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors (alogliptin, linagliptin, saxagliptin, sitagliptin, vildagliptin)
- Glitazones (pioglitazone)
- GLP-1 agonists (albiglutide, dulaglutide, exenatide, liraglutide, lixisenatide)
- Prandial glucose regulators (nateglinide, repaglinide)
- SGLT2 inhibitors (canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, empagliflozin)
- Sulfonylureas (glibenclamide, gliclazide, glimepiride, glipizide, tolbutamide)
Drug names link through to the full MIMS entries for more detailed prescribing information on each branded or generic product.
Information is summarised from manufacturers' Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs), available at medicines.org.uk.