The Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) has accepted the following new drugs for use within NHS Scotland:
- Rotigotine (Neupro) for the symptomatic treatment of moderate to severe idiopathic restless legs syndrome in adults.
- Etravirine (Intelence) for use in combination with a boosted protease inhibitor and other antiretroviral agents, to treat HIV-1 infection in antiretroviral-experienced adults.
- Histrelin (Vantas) subcutaneous implant for restricted use in the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
- Calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionate scalp gel (Xamiol) for the topical treatment of scalp psoriasis.
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (Pegasys) for use in combination with ribavirin to treat chronic hepatitis C in adults.
The SMC rejected degarelix (Firmagon) for the treatment of men with advanced hormone-dependent prostate cancer.