These exciting workshops will cover key topics in the care and treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes. Each day will provide a multidisciplinary educational update for nurses caring for patients with type 2 diabetes with the opportunity to gain 5 hours of CPD learning activity.
The meetings will be chaired by Gwen Hall, Diabetes Specialist Nurse in Primary Care, Haselmere, Surrey. Among the expert speakers are Dr Sarah Jarvis, GP and medical broadcaster, who will discuss the current standards of practice in the UK for type 2 diabetes and Dr Matt Capehorn, GP with a special interest in obesity and diabetes management and clinical director of the National Obesity Forum, who will give the keynote lecture on diabesity.
As well as listening to expert speakers, delegates will also have the choice of attending two of the following interactive workshops:
- The challenge of managing diabetes as a chronic condition in black and minority ethnic patients
- Complications of diabetic ischaemia
- The psychology of overeating
- Patient education programmes in diabetes (value and education)
The dates of the meetings are:
- 29th April 2015, at the MCC, Manchester
- 22nd May 2015, at 30 Euston Square, London