Drug treatment guidelines
Quick-reference summaries of key clinical guidance from authoritative national bodies including NICE and SIGN.
GPs can use MIMS guidelines summaries to earn CPD credits towards revalidation. The number of credits available is indicated on each summary.
Categorisation of inhaled corticosteroid doses in asthma.
Summary of NICE guidance on treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Key advice from DVLA on fitness to drive.
- WHO Pain Ladder for Cancer Pain Relief in Adults
- Opioid Analgesics: Approximate Potency Equivalence with Oral Morphine
- Initiating Treatment with Transdermal Opioids
- Syringe Driver Drug Compatibility
- Co-Analgesics for Use in Cancer Pain
- Prescribing of Strong Opioids for Pain in Palliative Care of Adults (NICE Guideline)
At-a-glance drug comparison charts including dosing and monitoring regimens, available presentations, prices, potential sensitisers and compatible devices.
- Antidepressants, switching and withdrawing
- Combination inhalers for asthma
- Combination inhalers for COPD
- Contraceptives, switching to and between
- Diabetes technologies
- Emergency hormonal contraceptives
- GLP-1 and GIP/GLP-1 agonists for diabetes
- Infant formulae
- Influenza vaccines 2023/2024
- Inhaler carbon emissions
- Levonorgestrel IUS
- Lice and scabies treatments
- Migraine treatments and prophylactics
- Oral iron supplements
- Treatment options in pregnancy
- Vitamin D3 supplements
Click here for full list of tables
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.