Drug treatment guidelines
Quick-reference summaries of key clinical guidance from authoritative national bodies including NICE and SIGN.
GPs can use MIMS guidelines summaries to earn CPD credits towards revalidation. The number of credits available is indicated on each summary.
Summary of NICE guidance on high blood pressure.
Strengths and formulations of topical steroids.
Categorisation of inhaled corticosteroid doses in asthma.
- Opioid Analgesics: Approximate Potency Equivalence with Oral Morphine
- Initiating Treatment with Transdermal Opioids
- Syringe Driver Drug Compatibility
- Co-Analgesics for Use in Cancer Pain
- WHO Pain Ladder for Cancer Pain Relief in Adults
- Prescribing of Strong Opioids for Pain in Palliative Care of Adults (NICE Guideline)
At-a-glance drug comparison charts including dosing and monitoring regimens, available presentations, prices, potential sensitisers and compatible devices.
- Antibiotic treatment regimens in adults
- Antidepressants - switching/withdrawing
- Antidiabetic agents, use in renal impairment
- Combination inhalers - asthma
- Combination inhalers - COPD
- Contraceptives: switching to and between combined hormonal preparations
- Dry eye treatments
- Emollients containing urea
- Hayfever treatments
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Inhaler carbon emissions
- Insulin delivery devices
- Novel oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention
- Vitamin D3 supplements
Click here for full list of tables
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.