- immunosuppression in organ transplantation
- prevention and treatment of graft-versus-host disease
- severe active rheumatoid arthritis refractory to other agents
- steroid-dependent or steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome
- severe psoriasis or severe atopic dermatitis where standard therapy is ineffective or inappropriate
Ciclosporin is a ‘critical dose’ drug: switching preparations can cause small changes in bioavailability that have significant effects on efficacy and toxicity. Consequently, the MHRA advises that patients should be stabilised on a single brand and the same brand should always be prescribed and dispensed.
Further information: Mylan