Determine appropriate dose adjustments for your patients with diabetes and kidney disease using the MIMS guide to antidiabetic drugs in renal impairment.
This quick-reference table provides recommendations on dose adjustments of the following antidiabetic agents based on CrCl or eGFR values:
- Biguanides (metformin)
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors (alogliptin, linagliptin, saxagliptin, sitagliptin, vildagliptin)
- Glitazones (pioglitazone)
- GLP-1 agonists (dulaglutide, exenatide, liraglutide, lixisenatide)
- Prandial glucose regulators (nateglinide, repaglinide)
- SGLT2 inhibitors (canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, empagliflozin)
- Sulfonylureas (glibenclamide, gliclazide, glimepiride, glipizide, tolbutamide)
Drug names link through to the full MIMS entries for more detailed prescribing information on each branded or generic product.
Information is summarised from manufacturers' Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs), available at medicines.org.uk.