- Stirling Anglian has launched theiCal-d3, a high-dose, once-daily chewable tablet containing 2.5g calcium carbonate and 880iu vitamin D3.
- A follitropin alfa biosimilar, Bemfola, is now available for the treatment of fertility disorders in men and women.
- The triple antiretroviral combination tablet Triumeq (dolutegravir/abacavir/lamivudine) has been launched for the treatment of HIV in adults and children from 12 years.
- A combination pack containing one mifepristone tablet and four misoprostol vaginal tablets (Medabon) is now available for the termination of pregnancy in women with ≤63 days' amenorrhoea.
- Daraprim (pyrimethamine) is no longer licensed for malaria prophylaxis. It remains available for the treatment of toxoplasmosis in combination with a sulfonamide.
- Ozurdex (dexamethasone intravitreal implant) has received an additional indication for the treatment of diabetic macular oedema in pseudophakic patients or if non-corticosteroid therapy is inadequate or unsuitable.
Register or Subscribe to MIMSGPs can get MIMS print & online and GPonline for free when they register online – take 2 minutes, and make sure you get your free MIMS access! If you're not a GP, you can subscribe to MIMS for full access.
MIMS bulletinsNews and updates straight to your inbox.
Prescribing Update: Fortnightly news bulletin
Alert: Urgent prescribing updates
Spotlight: Disease-themed monthly round-up
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Handy calculators and conversions for primary care.