- Glycopyrronium bromide 1mg and 2mg tablets are now available as an add-on treatment for peptic ulcers.
- GranuPAS (para-aminosalicylic acid) has been launched for use in combination with other drugs to treat multidrug-resistant TB where other agents cannot be used owing to resistance or intolerance.
- A new controlled-release misoprostol vaginal delivery system (Mysodelle) has been launched for the induction of labour from 36 weeks' gestation in women with an unfavourable cervix.
- Dexamethasone 4mg/ml injection has been replaced by dexamethasone 3.8mg/ml solution for injection; as a result, the dilutions, storage conditions, presentation and packaging have changed.
- Novartis has announced the discontinuation of Tegretol Chewtabs (carbamazepine). Selection of an alternative medication should be a clinical decision based on the individual patient's history.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Register or Subscribe to MIMSGPs can get MIMS print & online and GPonline for free when they register online – take 2 minutes, and make sure you get your free MIMS access! If you're not a GP, you can subscribe to MIMS for full access.
MIMS bulletinsNews and updates straight to your inbox.
Prescribing Update: Fortnightly news bulletin
Alert: Urgent prescribing updates
Spotlight: Disease-themed monthly round-up
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Especially created for prescribing influencers.