- Ortho-Gynest (estriol) pessaries have been discontinued.
- Use of clopidogrel has been associated with a small number of cases of acquired haemophilia; however, the risk-benefit balance of the drug is unchanged.
- The influenza vaccines Enzira (Pfizer), Fluvirin (Novartis) and Viroflu (Janssen-Cilag) are now available for the current flu season.
- Travel vaccination advice for some countries, including rabies recommendations for Greece and Spain, has been updated.
- Stelara (ustekinumab) is now licensed for the treatment of active psoriatic arthritis in adults unresponsive to DMARDs.
- Ilaris (canakinumab) has been approved for use in patients with active systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis aged 2 years and older.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Register or Subscribe to MIMSGPs can get MIMS print & online and GPonline for free when they register online – take 2 minutes, and make sure you get your free MIMS access! If you're not a GP, you can subscribe to MIMS for full access.
MIMS bulletinsNews and updates straight to your inbox.
Prescribing Update: Fortnightly news bulletin
Alert: Urgent prescribing updates
Spotlight: Disease-themed monthly round-up
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Handy calculators and conversions for primary care.