- Victoza (liraglutide) can now be used in diabetic patients with moderate renal impairment (CrCl 30–59ml/min).
- Eplerenone tablets (25mg and 50mg) are now available as a generic for the treatment of patients with LVEF ≤40% and clinical evidence of heart failure after MI, and those with chronic heart failure and LVEF ≤30%.
- Janssen has launched Rezolsta, a fixed-dose combination tablet containing the protease inhibitor darunavir and the pharmacoenhancer cobicistat, for the treatment of HIV infection.
- Aripiprazole tablets are now available as a generic for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
- The oral androgen receptor antagonist Xtandi (enzalutamide) is now licensed for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer in men who are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic and in whom chemotherapy is not yet indicated.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Register or Subscribe to MIMSGPs can get MIMS print & online and GPonline for free when they register online – take 2 minutes, and make sure you get your free MIMS access! If you're not a GP, you can subscribe to MIMS for full access.
MIMS bulletinsNews and updates straight to your inbox.
Prescribing Update: Fortnightly news bulletin
Alert: Urgent prescribing updates
Spotlight: Disease-themed monthly round-up
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Handy calculators and conversions for primary care.