- Victoza (liraglutide) can now be used in diabetic patients with moderate renal impairment (CrCl 30–59ml/min).
- Eplerenone tablets (25mg and 50mg) are now available as a generic for the treatment of patients with LVEF ≤40% and clinical evidence of heart failure after MI, and those with chronic heart failure and LVEF ≤30%.
- Janssen has launched Rezolsta, a fixed-dose combination tablet containing the protease inhibitor darunavir and the pharmacoenhancer cobicistat, for the treatment of HIV infection.
- Aripiprazole tablets are now available as a generic for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
- The oral androgen receptor antagonist Xtandi (enzalutamide) is now licensed for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer in men who are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic and in whom chemotherapy is not yet indicated.
The most up-to-date drug information at your fingertips.
- Get the prescribing support you need.
- Register today for full access to the MIMS database, plus tables and guideline summaries, new and deleted products and consultation tools.
Register or Subscribe to MIMSGPs can get MIMS print & online and GPonline for free when they register online – take 2 minutes, and make sure you get your free MIMS access! If you're not a GP, you can subscribe to MIMS for full access.
MIMS bulletinsNews and updates straight to your inbox.
Prescribing Update: Fortnightly news bulletin
Alert: Urgent prescribing updates
Spotlight: Disease-themed monthly round-up
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Especially created for prescribing influencers.