- Actavis has launched Sastravi (levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone) for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and end-of-dose motor fluctuations not stabilised with levodopa/dopa decarboxylase inhibitor.
- Noxafil (posaconazole) is now available as a 300mg concentrate for solution for infusion. The antifungal from MSD is also available as tablets and an oral suspension.
- Sanofi has discontinued Piportil Depot (pipotiazine palmitate) owing to a global shortage of the active ingredient. Supplies of the injection are expected to be exhausted by the end of March 2015.
- Epimax is a new formulation of aqueous cream that does not contain the potential sensitiser sodium lauryl sulfate.
- The Calcichew range now includes Calcichew-D3 1g/800iu Once Daily, a high-dose calcium/vitamin D chewable tablet containing 2.5g calcium carbonate (equivalent to 1g calcium) and 800iu vitamin D3 (colecalciferol).
- The new haemophilia A treatment Nuwiq (simoctocog alfa) is a recombinant human coagulation factor VIII produced in a human cell-line.
Prescribing news and resources for key therapeutic areas, collated by the MIMS editors.
Register or Subscribe to MIMSGPs can get MIMS print & online and GPonline for free when they register online – take 2 minutes, and make sure you get your free MIMS access! If you're not a GP, you can subscribe to MIMS for full access.
MIMS bulletinsNews and updates straight to your inbox.
Prescribing Update: Fortnightly news bulletin
Alert: Urgent prescribing updates
Spotlight: Disease-themed monthly round-up
Read the latest issue online exclusively on MIMS Learning.
Handy calculators and conversions for primary care.