- A chewable tablet formulation of sildenafil (Nipatra) is now available for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Ditropan Elixir (oxybutynin) has been relaunched by Sanofi for the treatment of urinary frequency, urgency and urge incontinence and neurogenic bladder disorders. and for the treatment of nocturnal enuresis in children when other treatment has failed.
- The licence for Strattera (atomoxetine) has been extended to include initiation of treatment in adults with ADHD when the presence of symptoms in childhood can be confirmed.
- RoActemra (tocilizumab) can now be used in the management of juvenile idiopathic polyarthritis in children who have responded inadequately to previous therapy with methotrexate.
- Amdipharm Mercury has launched Ampres (chloroprocaine), a spinal anaesthetic for use where the planned procedure should not exceed 40 minutes.
- Patients with transfusion-dependent anaemia due to myelodysplastic syndromes associated with an isolated 5q deletion can now benefit from treatment with Revlimid (lenalidomide) when other treatments are unsuitable.
Want news like this straight to your inbox?Sign up for our bulletins
Patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid...