MIMS is the print and online prescribing database for all healthcare professionals.
First published in 1959, MIMS has grown to be the essential choice of prescribing and clinical reference for all healthcare professionals.
Updated every month
MIMS incorporates around 200 changes every month, providing news on drug launches and licence changes together with clinical guideline updates.
MIMS monthly publication
The MIMS book is published every month and is sent free of charge to the practice addresses of all UK-based GPs who complete our online registration form.
If you have already registered and need to change your mailing address, please call 0845 136 93 16 or email email@example.com including your name, surgery address and GMC number.
Other relevant healthcare professionals may subscribe to MIMS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIMS online is part of the GP Online network of sites. The online version of MIMS contains additional resources and registration provides GPs, nurses and general practice staff with free access to the MIMS database of drugs and products.
MIMS online content
- MIMS database drug search: search the MIMS database for drug information including indications, doses, side effects, interactions, contraindications and warnings. Browse drugs by therapeutic area or use the search box to extend your search to tables, guidelines, patient resources and news.
- Latest medical news: New drugs | Licence changes and product updates | Guidelines and clinical updates | Healthcare Republic News
- Quick reference tables: clinical and comparison tables ordered by therapeutic area.
- Clinical guidelines including NICE guidance: over 140 clinical guideline summaries. Browse by therapeutic area or search alphabetically.
- Travel advice and immunisation tables: latest travel and vaccination advice ordered A-Z by country.
- Patient advice and self help directory: A-Z of patient fact sheets and a directory of patient support organisations ordered by condition or disease area.
- Clinical calculators: simple but essential clinical calculators for body mass index (BMI), baby's age, pregnancy due date and more.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers: find the products produced by a drug company, organised alphabetically by company name.
- MIMS publications: find out more about the MIMS monthly publication and MIMS for Nurses Independent Prescribers Formulary.
Further information about MIMS
MIMs Drug Search
Possible searches include drugs (by brand, generic ingredient or drug class), diseases and more.